Cleondris Data Manager
Enterprise-ready Backup for
Virtual Environments driven by NetApp
While there is a plethora of backup software available to the administrator, not many are able to handle the specific needs of large-scale virtualized environments on shared storage. Data Manager is the first backup product explicitly developed for enterprise sized VMware environments driven by NetApp storage.
The main focus of Data Manager is simplicity and ease of use. Every aspect of backup and restore can be controlled from a simple, independent web based GUI. In the background, Data Manager transparently orchestrates complex technologies like NetApp SnapVault, Snapshots, FlexClone, VMFS resignature and VMware vMotion, just to name a few.
- Simplified data protection that highly improves RTO and RPO
- Leverages NetApp and VMware features to achieve high performance and reliability
(Snapshots, Snapvault, LUN clones, dedup, guest FS quiescing for consistent backups.)
- Can be quickly deployed (e.g., no backup host agents required, no reboot required, integrates into existing environments in less than an hour)
- Snapshot based backups: allows you to backup multiple datastores and hundreds of virtual machines in a matter of seconds
- Integrated snapvault support: delta based replication of backups from primary to secondary storage systems
- Huge space savings using NetApp deduplication on all involved tiers
- Highly customizable solution, can be adapted to your special requirements in a short timeframe